02 February 2007

The ACPE Community will miss you....

The Reverend Joan Hemenway, former president of the ACPE, died the evening of January 31st. Her partner, Jennifer Allcock, was with her a few hours before her death, and reports that Joan died peacefully. Her service will be held in New Haven on February 24th at 2 p.m.

Joan did so much for the CPE community. Her work with regards to Supervisory education will remain with us for a long time to come. May you be at peace now Joan.



"If I Should Die"

By: Joan Hemenway

“If it is now time, O God, let my spirit join with yours. My body is tired, and I know you have promised eternal rest. If I feel doubt and uncertainty, fill me with your love. If I fear entering the unknown, help me to trust in your goodness. I pray for my family and friends that they may not so much mourn my absence as celebrate the memory of my presence and rejoice in my living. If I am to enter a new time and a new journey, I ask for peace, O God, and a deepening sense of your mighty grasp on me.”

No comments: