23 February 2007

Friday Five : Companions on the Way

Today's Friday Five is brought to us by Songbird...

Dante had Virgil as a guide. Before he had younger siblings, my oldest child had an imaginary friend named Patrick. Betsy had Tacy. Laura Ingalls depended on her brindle bulldog, Jack. All of them were companions on the way.

As we take the beginning steps of our journey through Lent, who would we take as a companion? Name five people, real or imaginary, you might like to have with you as guide or guardian or simply good friend.

Nicki is going on a Journey and she is bringing (OMG! I don't know who to bring!) I've always sort of done the difficult things on my own. I don't know who I would bring with me on this journey. Okay, Let us try this again. Nicki is going on a Journey and she is bringing:

1. Rev's Becky and Michelle. I blame both them for my call. I would have never answered the phone if they hadn't been standing pointing at the phone and going, "Aren't you gonna answer that? You know it won't stop ringing until you answer it." So I answered my call and they have to come on the journey with me.

2. My mom would have to come but she won't go if my dad isn't going too. My parents annoy me but I love them dearly and I wouldn't have been able to get this far in life without their unconditional love and support. My mom would be more likely to go on this journey if it was headed for Italy.

3. Nick. Nick is my best friend and has been for more years than I like to admit at times. When we are together we are the most amusing people in the world and the littlest thing can keep us going for hours. He also has the best music collection I know of and music is an important part of any journey.

4. Patricia Hampl. Someone needs to write about the journey and I'm still not sure what a comma is for so I would need a scribe and I can't think of a better scribe than Patrica Hampl, OK maybe Kathleen Norris.

5. (Left blank intentionally) I want to leave this space free. I haven't met this person yet but I know that I will meet them, if not on this journey then on the next. Every journey I have ever gone on has brought amazing people into my life and I want to keep this open for the next person who challenges me and asks me to grow and become a better person, a better Christian.

That's my five. The next questions is what would we all wear on this journey.

3 comments:

Iris said...

Great play, especially #5!

Unknown said...

What to wear? I'd like one of those great elven capes from The Lord of the Rings!

Sally said...

excellent play, I like no 5 too!