09 February 2007

Friday Five...American Idol Style

Now I've never watched American Idol in my life but I felt compelled to have a bit of fun today.

1) If I could sing like anyone, it would be: Julie Andrews (when she was young).

2) I would love to sing the song: "Bless the Broken Road".

3) It would be really cool to sing at: The Artists Quarters in Saint Paul, MN.

4) If I could sing a dream duet it would be with: Bette Midler.

5) If I could sing on a TV or radio show, it would be: I'd want to go back in time and sing on The Doris Day Show or the Joan Rivers Show. I love Joan Rivers!

8 comments:

Reverend Dona Quixote said...

Que sera, sera,
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours to see
Que sera, sera.

1-4 Grace said...

Julie Andrew twirling around on a Mountain side singing about the hills being alien? Yes! Love that sound

1-4 Grace said...

Opps. That should be ALIVE! Not alien...although, some might think that about us if we started twirling around singing

Sally said...

well played....Julie Andrews had such a wonderful voice

Unknown said...

I loved her voice, too!
Is The Artist's Quarter a club?

Responsible Grace said...

Songbird,

The Artist Quarter is a tiny little jazz club in downtown Saint Paul, MN. I always wanted to sing there but alas I cannot sing. I do get to go and listen to good jazz from time to time.

zebrafeet said...

you have to watch american idol. it is simply amusing - well, not so much now that the real competition has started. the audition shows are over. singing chickens and all.

1-4 Grace said...

Hey.
Thanks for the great ideas for Lent.
We are doing a pancake supper and i am going to do pretzles with my little ones.
I love food stuff!