23 April 2007

Feeling Older

So I haven't blogged in a while, at least not more than putting together a Friday Five. Which really isn't a blog it's sort of blog filler but still it is sort of fun. So...the reason I haven't really posted on my blog is sort of a two fold reason. The other resident that I worked with chose to leave the VA to pursue other ministry options so for the last month or so I've been two CPE residents rolled into one. Needless to say, I have begun working overtime for which I am not paid and taken on more and more responsibility here, also for which I am not paid but my CPE Final Evaluations make me look like I can walk on water. I think I would rather be able to turn water into wine. It seems the only thing I can't do is self care.

In the midst of all this working and finishing up my last class for seminary my body decided to let me in on a little secret. I'm no longer 22. In fact I'm pushing 30. I can't abuse my body the way I used to and I found this out last Monday when the muscles in my lower back decided to pinch a nerve and I couldn't walk. I was off site at a CPE meeting and my Supervisor had to take me to the ER. (That is another story that I will have to share. Going to the ER with three professional chaplains.) And to add insult to all this injury...I found yet another gray hair on my head. I must be getting old.

2 comments:

zebrafeet said...

welcome to the real world. :D
sorry to hear about your back ... god's way of reminding you about self-care.

Responsible Grace said...

God has a very funny way of reminding about self-care. I mean God can do anything so why not just add appointment time to my palm pilot?

I did take two days off last week...