19 March 2007

Wonderful Women



I went to a day long retreat recently called "Wonderful Women." It was hosted by Mizpah United Church of Christ and part of the reason that I went is that I'm in the process of leaving the United Methodist Church for the United Church of Christ. I wanted to get to know people and what better way then to spend a day with a bunch of active lay women like these....


So I went to this church event and something happened that I wasn't expecting. You see, I actually enjoyed myself, I learned something, I connected with other women and found out that I'm not a total freak. That there are others who think like I do and struggle with some of the same things that I struggle with. It was nice to not feel alone. To just make my day a bit better, I found that I made a few good friends who I will be very happy to see this summer at Annual Meeting. You know maybe I'll even send in that volunteer application and spend my summer over at...








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!